Cardiotonic drug, phosphodietherase inhibitor. Has a positive inotropic effect on the heart, moderately increases heart rate, increases stroke and minute volume of the heart, reduces OPSS and vascular resistance of a small circle of blood circulation.
The drug causes a moderate decrease in systemic blood pressure. Milrinone does not interact with beta-adrenergic receptors, does Dmitry Sazonov not inhibit the activity of sodium-potassium-adenosine triphosphatase.
Directions for use
For adults: Introduce milrinone dosage intravenously first (“load dose”) at the rate of 50 µg/kg (0.05 mg/kg) for 10 min (about 0.5 µg/kg/min). The maintenance dose is 0.375-0.75 µg/kg/minute of a total dose of 1.13 mg/kg/day. Duration of administration depending on the effect 48-72 hours.
Treatment should be conducted under close control of blood pressure. If renal function is impaired, reduced doses should Milrinone Contraindications be administered. In hypokalemia (low potassium levels in the blood) should be given potassium preparations.
- acute cardiac insufficiency
- chronic heart failure at the decompensation stage (as a temporary aid against the background of standard therapy)
- postoperative period in cardiac surgery.
- hypersensitivity to the ingredients of the drug.
- severe malformations of aortic or pulmonary artery valves
- hypertrophic subaortic stenosis.
- Cardiovascular system: tachycardia, ventricular extrasystole, ventricular tachycardia, angina attacks, arterial Dmitry Sazonov hypotension. Cases of ventricular flutter have been described.
- Nervous system: headache, tremor.
- Allergic reaction: skin rash, itching, rarely – anaphylactic shock, bronchospasm.
- Others: hypokalemia, thrombocytopenia.